U.S. Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in Tokyo Japan
Robert Katsuhiro Kure, MD, PhD.*
Board Certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery
Former chief resident at UCLA Division of Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills to Tokyo
The original clinic was opened in Beverly Hills, CA back in 2000, then the second office was opened in New York City (midtown) in 2002. Dr. Kure moved to Japan later, and opened the current clinic (Hiroo) in 2007.
Overall, Dr. Kure spent 18 years in the USA and more than 13 years in Japan in the residency training, research, and medical practice.
More than 30 years of experience in medical field
- Born in Japan (currently a naturalized US citizen)
- U.S. Naval Hospital Yokosuka graduate
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York
- Surgical residencies at university hospitals in USA
- Plastic Surgery residency at UCLA Medical Center
- Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery at UCLA (99-2000)
- Chief Resident of neurosurgery at University of Miami*
- Chief Resident of neuropathology at Albert Einetein, NY*
- Private practice in Beverly Hills and New York City
- Diplomate of American Board of Plastic Surgery (2001)
- Board-certified in plastic surgery (USA, *only one in Japan)
- Board-certified in neuropathology (USA)*
- Board-eligible in neurosurgery (USA)*
- Active Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Medical licenses in Japan and USA (6 states)
- Hospital affiliation:
Tokyo Women’s Medical University (adjunct assistant professor)
Tokyo Women’s Medical University Medical Center East (adjunct assistant professor)
To check Dr. Kure’s credentials, please check the following independent sites:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Neurosurgery residency alumni listing (year of 1998)*
*Dr. Kure was formerly trained in neuroscience in New York prior to the plastic surgery training, and he became board-certified in neuropathology (USA) and board-eligible in neurosurgery (USA). Because of such background, Dr. Kure also sees patients suffering from migraine headaches and stiff shoulder. He has been treating these patients wifh Botox.
*~ more than 18 years of experience in the U.S. ~
List of medical presentation at the meetings
Plaza Plastic Surgery is the only clinic in Japan, run by U.S. Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Dr. Kure was the first Japanese plastic surgery resident to be selected as a chief resident in the history of UCLA (University of California Los Angeles). Since then he’s treated many celebrities and athletes both in Japan and the U.S. He has also completed neurosurgery residency in the USA prior to plastic surgery. He is specialized in all areas of plastic surgery including face and body, eyelids, liposuction, Botox, dermal filler, and laser treatment. He is also availabe to see people with migraine headaches and stiff shoulder.
Our doctor has more than 18 years of experience in the U.S., and now available for consultation in Tokyo.
Second Opinion Consultation
- Unhappy results from treatment/surgery elsewhere?
- Provide pictures from before/after the procedures.
- Bring operative reports if available.
- You may e-mail your inquiry to email@example.com prior to a formal consultation.
- Our U.S. Board-Certified plastic surgeon will review and analyze your case, and give you a professional advice.
Dr. Kure is an adjunct assistant professor at the Tokyo Women’s Medical University. Some of cases/procedures are done in the university hospital.
Doctor’s Publication (a complementary copy is given to a new patient)